About the role
· Full time position
· Location – Remote
· Reporting directly into the VP of Sports, you are responsible for initiating and then the subsequent delivery of a market leading trading product strategy benefitting our partners.
A proven leader, you’ll oversee the onboarding of a trading development team and drive collaboration across the wider trading team forming relationships with Sports Trading, Risk Management and Trading Support functions. You will act as a key contact point for internal teams such as Product, Sales, Marketing, Commercial, Technology and more. Equally you will act as the ‘conduit’ between our business and external partners on all trading related product requirements.
A highly strategic role, you will be a strategy and process expert responsible for implementing the trading product strategy, defining trading related product requirements and subsequently handling all technical trading integrations with the support of technology and delivery teams. This role would be responsible for developing a market leading back-end trading platform together with a comprehensive front-end trading product capable of attracting future partners.
This is a rare opportunity for a proven leader to have very high levels of personal influence on an exciting project. The candidate must have excellent knowledge of the trading landscape and a thorough understanding of the types of 3rd party trading solutions that exist in the market.
· Define the needs of a recruitment process and subsequently actively participate in the hiring process of all resource connected to trading product management, assess candidates and finalise appointments
· Coach, mentor and the supervise a trading development team establishing a culture of high performance and one where high performance is rewarded and poor performance managed accordingly
· Provides team with resources, tools, and processes to do their respective jobs.
· Creation of a B2B trading product strategy. You will define all internal/external/3rd party solutions needed to provide a market leading Sportsbook trading product.
· Cooperate closely with peers in Product & Technology, building, managing, maintaining and prioritising a trading development roadmap/backlog consistent with Pragmatic Play’s wider Sportsbook strategy
· Creation of innovative and scalable solutions for process automation relating to Sportsbook trading.
· Create and manage the overall trading product management process and oversee its effective execution.
· Propose, agree and work within a budget, developing and maintaining business cases in support of future trading products.
· Work with internal trading stakeholders, key technical teams and within wider product groups to confirm objectives and priorities for all epic and user stories relating to Sportsbook trading requirements from ideation through to timely live operation
· Structure complex trading development topics into easy-to-understand messages, communicating effectively across all levels.
· Own requirements end-to-end by working closely with development teams through all stages of trading product development, UAT and lead requirement gathering sessions with stakeholders in relation to specified requirements.
· Drive delivery with engineering teams in an agile development process organising releases properly and ensure full compliance with the schedule
· Undertake competitor benchmarking on all Sportsbook trading product initiatives
· Own trading development items customised for partners requirements ensuring the provision of trading services is fully compliant in each region
· Develop relationships with internal Pragmatic Play business teams and external stakeholders and suppliers as well as peers and senior internal stakeholders.
· Work with P&L leaders in all regions, communicating new Sportsbook trading products and features, actively marketing new trading products/features in cooperation with Marketing teams and assist VP of Sports with presentation on sales to prospective clients
We expect you to have the following skills and background:
· Adopts a strategic approach to product management, can formulate objectives and priorities with ease
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate, interact, and work with internal colleagues and external partners.
· Strong verbal and non-verbal communicator driving the collaboration of your own team, mentoring and coaching team members and providing clarity and comfort to external stakeholders on business-critical subjects.
· Giving engaging and easy-to-understand presentations is a major component of the role requiring strong oral communication skills, tone of voice, body language, creativity and delivery
· Possesses accountability, holding yourself and others accountable for measurable, high-quality and timely results. You will help determines objectives, sets priorities, and be a good delegator of work. You can accept responsibility for mistakes and are able to implement corrective, preventive action if needed.
· Possesses strong market orientation skills anticipating and meeting the needs of external customers. Delivers high-quality trading products
· You are a creative and innovative thinker who naturally questions conventional approaches and encourages new ideas and innovations relating to trading best practices.
· Fluency in partnering, developing networks and building alliances inside and outside of our business. Collaborates to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
· Strong Marketing skills to develop ways to make the trading product as marketable as possible to future customers.
· Excellent sports domain knowledge with a very good understanding of the current trading landscape, key sources of innovation and high levels of awareness around potential 3rd party solutions available to assist trading requirements that includes (but not limited to) Bet Builder, Streaming, Data feeds, Odds & Content solutions.
· At least 3 years of experience working in a Sportsbook trading or product team at manager level or above