Location: Remote or one of our office locations
Reports to: CTO/ VP of Sports
Type of Position: Full Time
Pragmatic Play is one of the world’s leading suppliers of online slots, casino, live dealer and bingo games with new and exciting products and verticals added on a continuous basis. Pragmatic Play currently employs over 2,800 people in over 12 locations and has seen consistent, triple digit growth year on year. Our award-winning slots portfolio contains unique in-house content consisting of over 200 proven HTML5 games, available in many currencies, 31 languages and all major certified markets. Our fast-expanding Live Casino product now boasts over 150 tables and features all major games (Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat) as well as unique Gameshows and Asian games such as SicBo and Andar Bahar. Millions of players play our games every day across hundreds of operators such as Flutter (Pokerstars), 888, Bet365, Entain, Kindred, Superbet and many others. We are a team of passionate individuals with the mission to succeed and create industry leading games that players love.
We have recently added sports to our product offering and are scheduled to go live later this year. We are looking for an ambitious senior individual to join our senior technology team and oversee the development of our sports technology. The successful candidate will work closely with senior management, our VP of Sports and the wider technology and product teams and will play an integral role in ensuring the success of this new vertical.
- Actively participate in the hiring process of all resource connected to Sportsbook technology, supporting the assessment and recommendation of candidates and finalise appointments.
- Ensures the availability of all technology resources are scalable and supports the short-term and long-term growth targets of the Sportsbook vertical.
- Further develop the team’s capabilities, processes, and team structures.
- Lead, manage and expand our sportsbook technology team and ensure the delivery of a modular, reliable, and scalable sportsbook architecture.
- Acts as the internal expert of the Sportsbook technology stack, oversees the implementation of current and future architecture and ensuring the infrastructure supports Sportsbook commercial and product goals.
- Accountable for the quality of the technical delivery of our in-house teams and any contracted third parties.
- Work closely with the VP of Sports and management to define the technology roadmap and ensure timely delivery of product milestones.
- Understands team capabilities around velocity and the ability to quickly roll out new features.
- Own the planning and prioritisation of technology resources, balancing short-term delivery with longer term strategy.
- Ensure that a clear vision and delivery plan for our technology services is communicated to all staff and that ongoing delivery is transparent and well-communicated across the group.
- Identifies any technical solutions needed to ensure the continuous development and delivery of the product.
- Implements metrics and KPIs to assess the quality and ongoing monitoring of the performance of Sportsbook technology and implements measures to improve the development process not limited to new features rollout & defects closure.
- Ensures our Sportsbook technology services are secure, resilient and ensures the provision of an effective and responsive support service to all global partners in conjunction with internal Trading Support teams
- Deep understanding of sportsbook technology, sportsbook KPI’s and success factors: You have experience in similar roles and understand the key technology and product drivers that create a successful sportsbook.
- Experience in building successful technology teams & attention to detail: You have a proven track record of growing development teams and have hands on experience in key areas of technology. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves, are hands on and can foresee and prevent mistakes before they arise.
- Strong leadership, communication, and people skills: You will lead an expanding team and excellent leadership skills are a must. The role requires interaction with various teams across the company and for you to communicate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Great analytical skills: You’re analytical and able to translate business requirements into details specs and storyboards.
- Working to the highest standards, even under pressure: You’re ambitious, hold yourself to high standards and thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment. You take ownership and responsibility and pride yourself on delivering high quality work.
- Passion for sports-betting: You are passionate about sports-betting and want to be part of a winning team.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT, computer systems, engineering, or a similar field.
- 7+ years of managerial experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the casino industry, preferably in sports.
- Strong technical skills and experience with Agile preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Java, MySql and other open-source technologies